Friday, March 07, 2014

Cathode Board ordered!

I decided to go ahead and order a few cathode boards from OSH Park. It's the first time I've ordered a PCB I designed so I'm pretty excited about this. I've ordered six for now, for a total cost of $14.40, just to see if the design is actually going to work or not. Six of these boards is what I need to build a 4x4x4 cube as a proof-of-concept. If they work I can recycle them for the 8x8x8 cube.
OSH Park gives you a rendered preview of what the board is going to look like, pretty neat. Here's the bottom
 And the top:
And now we wait. The boards have been assigned to a panel, once the panel is full it will be manufactured. I believe it takes about 12 days for the board to be shipped, and then another 2 weeks or so before it actually arrives in the mail. So I guess I'll receive them somewhere early April.

No comments:

Post a Comment